Your week by week guide to clearing and keeping skin acne free…
Week 1: Start the Mary Kay Clearproof Acne regimen – AM & PM.
Week 2: Break bad habits & Start new ones!
- Keep your hands off of your face. The bacteria on your fingers are only making your skin problems worse.
- Wash your pillowcases once a week. Bacteria on your bedding can cause breakouts.
- Clean off your phone with an alcohol pad. Phones spend too much time near and on our faces to not be clean.
- Dry your skin with a soft t-shirt, instead of a towel. Some towels are too abrasive and cause tiny tears in the skin, where bacteria can make its way in.
- Never go to bed without taking off your makeup. Ever.
- If you wash your face in the shower, be sure to wash your hair before applying a facial cleanser. This ensures you don’t leave behind any shampoo/conditioner residue on your skin, which can irritate it.
- Incorporate lots of leafy greens into your diet, and eliminate some sugar and dairy from your diet to see if that makes a difference in your skin.
Week 3: Incorporate a skin cleansing brush in your AM/PM cleansing routine
Skinvigorate Cleansing Brush.
Week 4: No one can fault you for wanting to cover up evidence of your breakouts during the day, but try to switch your foundation and concealers to makeup that is non-comedogenic.
Any Mary Kay foundation will do the trick, eg: TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation
Week 5: Clean off makeup brushes once a week to keep dirt and bacteria in check.
Week 6: Keep up the moisture step – don’t skip the moisture. While those with blemishes tend to shy away from oil, adding a moisturizer can stop your skin from creating excess sebum, which causes breakouts.
Choose from Botanical Effect , TimeWise or Clear Proof range.
Week 7: Use a sunscreen daily; choose a non-comedogenic version for your face, even for males.
Mary Kay foundation primer SPF 15 is perfect, dries to an invisible satin matte finish.
Week 8: If breakouts are still located around your hairline, change out shampoos. Your skin might be reacting to the formula.
Week 9: Begin to exfoliate your face gently with a few times a week.
Try TimeWise Microdermabrasion Step 1.
Week 10: Use a skin evening mask once a week.
TimeWise Gel Mask.
Week 11: Exercise at least three times a week. By maintaining inner health, you’ll help balance your skin.
Week 12: Stay consistent with your skincare routine to see the results you want!
Source : MaryKay US